Personalization is about building great experiences, and there is no better way to understand what experiences matter than by talking with real people. User Experience Research is a field that allows us to understand our users in a systematic and meaningful way, inspiring us to make better experiences.
It’s News to Me
Research Shows Marketing Personalization Misses The Mark - Reciprocity of Value - Ask for valuable information
User Experience Research Links from Melissa
- Handbook of Usability Testing: How to Plan, Design, and Conduct Effective Tests by Jeffrey Rubin & Dana Chisnell
- Measuring the User Experience: Collecting, Analyzing, and Presenting Usability Metrics by Bill Albert & Tom Tullis
- UX research thought leaders: Nielsen Norman Group
- Great resources for beginners at UserTesting
- Measuring Usability, blog of thought leader Jeff Sauro
- UXmatters provides insights and inspiration to both professionals working in all aspects of user experience (UX)—at every stage in their career—and students who are just beginning their journey in user experience.
- GoodUI ideas that are being actively A/B tested by at others.